How To Install McAfee Antivirus Plus
Antivirus is essential for a computer. There was a time people used Linux and Mac machines without the fear of getting affected by viruses. But today, you can’t trust any computer.
Viruses are being created day by day. Intelligent programmers create efficient viruses to steal your personal and banking credentials. So, using your computer without an antivirus is like digging a pit of death for yourself. McAfee antivirus plus managed to score well in most of the malware detection tests, leaving most of its competitors far behind.
Have you recently purchased the McAfee Antivirus Plus retail key and wondering how to activate the product? Then read this article to find out solution.
- First of all, you need to create a McAfee account by visiting McAfee website. With this account, you can manage all of your purchased McAfee products.
- After registering and verifying your account, log in to it. Hover your mouse cursor on the “My Account” drop-down menu, and click on the “Redeem your Retail Card” option.
- Enter the 25-digit Product Code in the box and click “Submit.” This will add the McAfee product to your McAfee account.
- Return to your account dashboard, select the antivirus product from the drop-down menu and click on the blue “Download” button. It will download a small .exe file of around 9 MB tied to your McAfee account and product.
- Once downloaded, open the EXE file. First, it will download some installation files of about 8 MB, and then it will uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your system. This will take a while. In the end, it will ask for “Restart.”
- After the restart, it will automatically start the download process of actual antivirus (about 270 MB). This will take a great amount of time. Once this process is complete, then your system will have the new antivirus.
If you face any problem while registering the McAfee product, contact McAfee Support Number: 0-800-368-922